It is that time of year again! Time for the RPF's Halloween Costume Contest! 2015 marks our sixth annual Halloween Costume contest! This year we are giving away $900 in prizes!
One of the best aspects of the RPF is seeing all the incredible costumes (and props) built and worn by our members! From Mad Max to Age of Ultron, and Jurassic World to Terminator (as well as the ever-present Iron Man), this has been another year of inspiring movies and inspiring costumes! Not only that, but with the rise of cosplay, we are seeing our hobby explode into the mainstream. But, best of all, our members STILL have some of the most awesome costumes on the net, and our Replica Costume Forum is the most popular forum on our site! So, here is your chance to strut your stuff, gain fame AND fortune!
Contest Rules and Submissions:
Please read the rules before submitting your costume as not following them may result in your disqualification from the contest!
- You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com as of October 1, 2015.
- You can only enter YOUR costume; not the costume of a boyfriend, wife, etc. Obviously, if you are a parent, you can enter your child’s costume on their behalf.
- One entry per person (if you are a parent, you can enter your child as well as yourself)
- You MUST have a build thread in the Replica Costume Forum for your entry and post a link to it in this thread!
- If you've previously won in any category you will not be permitted to re-enter the costume for which you won.
- If you entered the contest previously and were NOT a winner, you can enter your costume again, but you cannot use the same photo as last year.
- No store-bought costumes! If it came from Wal-Mart, this probably isn't the contest for you. (Staff reserves the right to deny entry or disqualify an entry based on source of costume.)
There are four steps to entering this contest;
- First, you must create a build thread in theReplica Costume Forum with the title: "[Your board name]'s 2015 Halloween Costume Contest Entry"
In the first post of your thread, tell us about your costume, how you created it, any challenges you faced along the way and any details about the costume that you are particularly proud of having created. While it is not required, we'd also like you to include a little about your skill and experience as a costume builder and any tips you might like to share. This is also an opportunity for you to show off in progress photos (see below) of your costume as well as additional images of your finished costume (as you can only post ONE photo in the gallery for your entry.) A LINK TO YOUR BUILD THREAD MUST BE POSTED HERE.
- Second, you must post at least two "progress photos" into your build thread, showing your progress as you build your costume.
- Third, you must post a proof photo into your build thread, "proving" this is your costume in order to dissuade those who might simply submit a random photo from off the internet. The "proof" photo needs to be you, in costume, with either a sheet of paper that says "The RPF Costume Contest 2015" or a photo of you in costume with your computer in the background with therpf.com up on the computer. This is a very important step, so make sure to include your "proof" photo when entering!.
- Finally, post a good, clear photo of your costume in your thread. This entry photo CAN NOT have any photo manipulation in it (ie: Photoshop). You may post others with manipulation as well, however at least one must fulfil this criteria.
We have three categories this year, with a first place winner and a runner up for each category. All entries will be judged by the RPF staff members.
The categories are:
- Females in costume
- Males in costume
- Kids (12 and under) in costume
How are winners determined?
We will accept entries through Nov 4, 2015 at 10 PM PST (so you have time to submit your Halloween photos).
A panel of judges will choose the top two entries from each category as winners.
Winners will be announced on or about Nov 20, 2015.
What are the prizes?
- Female in costume - first place - $250 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Female in costume – runner up - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Male in costume - first place - $250 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Male in costume – runner up - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Kid in costume - first place - $100 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Kid in costume - runner up - $50 Gift Card to Amazon.com
Participation in the RPF 2015 Halloween Costume Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.
Sponsor: Movie Prop Sites, LLC acting as the RPF
Eligibility: You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com as of October 1, 2015.
Entry: To enter, see Entry Submission section above. There is a limit of ONE entry per member, except as noted above. By submitting an entry, you agree that your entry may be used for promotional purposes.
Contest Period: The Contest begins at the time this message is posted and ends Nov 4nd, 2015 at 10:00pm PST.
Prize: See What are the prizes? section above. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Notification: The winners will be notified by private message on therpf.com’s forums on or about the date that the Contest results are published to therpf.com (roughly around Nov 20, 2015). If winners do not respond to notification within 15 days, they forfeit their prize.
Intellectual Property: You agree that therpf.com may use the Entry Submission, or any portions or elements of the Entry Submission, as described in these Official Rules without any payment or other obligation whatsoever to you. If you are selected as a Winner, you agree to assign and hereby do assign to therpf.com all of your rights, title and interest in the Submission. You represent and warrant that you are (a) the author/creator of the Submission, (b) that you are the present and sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Entry Submission, (c) that it is an original work, (d) that you have the full, exclusive and unconditional right and authorization to submit the Submission, and (f) that no third party has any rights in or to the Submission. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless therpf.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses or liabilities including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees and punitive damages that may be asserted against or incurred by them at any time in connection with the Submission, or any use thereof, including, without limitation, those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations and promises provided by you in these Official Rules.