Pronounced 'sue-gru', Sugru is a 'moldable glue' made from silicone.
- sticks to fired ceramics/glass (forms Si-O bonds)
- does not need to be fired itself
- does not shrink (more useful than it sounds initially)
- it's rubbery, so can protect from shocks/knocks
- it's soft, so does not scratch stuff
- thermally insulating (up to ~180C)
- sticks other things like metal and plastic.
- has a high 'green strength' - so does not run
- is pH neutral, so will not corrode the surface
- comes in lots of colors (which can be mixed) - so a bit more creative than just Epoxy Putty.
- is waterproof
It seems as if Sugru could have some great prop and costume making applications! Get yours HERE
Photo Credit: Sugru.com